Outline of Human Resource Development (HRD) Programs in Japan
Engineers, middle-level managers, and physical distribution/marketing managers from the oil downstream sector in oil-producing countries are invited to participate in programs in Japan, which are designed to provide Japan's advanced technology and knowledge, improve capacities, and promote deeper understanding of Japan. There are programs independently designed and implemented by JCCP, as well as others that are jointly designed by JCCP and member companies and conducted at the facilities of member companies.
Programs conducted directly by JCCP include two types of courses -- regular courses and customized courses. Thirty such courses are offered yearly, on various themes related to refining processes, maintenance, instrumentation, human resource management, marketing, and physical distribution. Intended mainly for engineers and middle-level managers in the oil downstream sector, every year the programs are attended by many participants from throughout the world. In addition to classroom lectures at JCCP Headquarters, the programs also include practical training at member-company facilities and other representative companies in Japan. The training methods offered in these programs allow participants to not only gain technical knowledge through lectures, but also to acquire practical skills as well. Promoting mutual understanding among participants is another important objective of the programs in Japan.
Regular courses are intended for participants from oil-producing countries, and are held in English over a period of about 18 days. Around 25 such regular courses are offered every year, and provide participants an opportunity to deepen their understanding of subjects related to the oil industry. In addition to classroom lectures and hands-on training using simulators and computers at JCCP Headquarters, the courses also include visits to oil companies, engineering companies, and equipment manufacturers in Japan for practical training.
Customized courses are conducted at the request of oil-producing countries, on specified topics relevant to the country. They are held over a period of about two weeks, in either English or the native language of the participating group. In addition to classroom lectures and hands-on training using simulators and computers at JCCP Headquarters, visits are made to refineries and engineering companies, to provide practical training. While regular courses cover a wide range of topics, customized courses provide more in-depth material through curricula that are specifically designed in response to requests from oil-producing countries.
In addition to regular courses and customized courses, JCCP also offers courses that are jointly designed by JCCP and member companies and conducted at the facilities of member companies.
Since its establishment, JCCP has received more than 23,000 participants from oil-producing countries, and particularly from the Middle East.
- My sentiments and views of " Refinery and Technology Management -for Next Technology Executive-" (February 2018) [9/2/2018]
- My sentiments and views of "Management and Leadership for Women in Petroleum Industry" (November 2016) [25/11/2016]
- My sentiments and views on "Strategic Management for Petroleum Industry -for Next Leaders- " (October 2016) [11/10/2016]
- My sentiments and views of Human Resource Management (May 2013) [01/09/2013]
- My sentiments and views of Maintenance Management (January 2001) [01/09/2013]
- My sentiments and views of Human Resource Development (October 2004) [01/05/2013]
- My sentiments and views of Human Resource Development (October 2006) [01/05/2013]
- My sentiments and views of Human Resource Management (May 2010) and Training Management (October 2004)[01/01/2013]
- My sentiments and views of Advanced Field Devices & Control (October 2009)[01/01/2013]
- My sentiments and views of the TR-7-10 Refinery Management course [01/10/2010]
- Mother-Daugther Participation in JCCP Courses(Kazakhstan) [10/07/2009]